HeartSafe's Recent Successful Partnership With
Launching an all-in-one lifesaving defibrillator package!
To provide everyone in our shared community with the best pre-hospital emergency care, Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) are partnering with HeartSafe® to launch a new all in one lifesaving AED package.
We offer the option to buy the package outright, fundraise towards the total, or a combination of the two to make it as easy as possible to get more AEDs into our community.
A Map Of Our Success!
Together, we have now supplied over 40 defibrillator packages to help provide emergency care to communities in Bristol and South West.
How GWAAC Help?
GWAAC’s crew bring their critical care skills to over 500 cardiac patients a year, representing around 25% of our missions. Yet despite the extraordinary level of clinical skill our crew bring to the scene, cardiac patients are dependent on other essential links prior to our arrival.
To achieve our vision that everyone should receive the lifesaving pre-hospital emergency care they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it, we need to strengthen every link in the chain of survival for someone who is suffering an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
See our digital combination lock PDF
For every minute that passes, a person’s chance of survival goes down by 10%. Only 40% of these people receive CPR, and fewer than 2% have an automated external defibrillator (AED) used before an ambulance arrives.
There are over
What happens when I call 999 and need the Great Western Air Ambulance?
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) rapidly dispatch Critical Care Doctors and Specialist Paramedics to patients suffering a cardiac arrest and anyone who is desperately unwell or injured in our region. By sending the skill and equipment normally found in a hospital Emergency Department to the scene of the most serious 999 calls, we give people the best chance on their worst day.
Our HeartSafe Packages Can Be Found Throughout Bristol, Avon and Somerset Region
- A British-made HeartSine fully automatic 360P AED or HeartSine semi-automatic 500P AED (with live accurate CPR feedback) for an additional £145. Our preferred AEDs for lay people with little or no training as well as trained personnel. This includes a 10-year warranty and free consumables under HeartSine ‘Forwards Hearts Campaign’.
- Quality stainless steel, heated, and branded cabinet ensuring this public access AED is stored safely for when it is needed through HeartSafe’s flexible electronic locking system. The charity branding is highly visible to increase awareness of its presence and ensure it is recognisable as a clinical device.
- Training – through our partners and our Great Western Heartstarters CPR training project, we will help to ensure you and your community are confident in delivering CPR and how to use an AED. We will also provide you with an online training course and resources.
- Registration – we will help you register your AED with the local ambulance trust and through the Circuit.
- Insurance and ease – GWAAC will insure the asset against public liability claims and help you order everything you need so that we can focus on…
- … a good news story – you’re doing something amazing for your local community and we want to help you shout about it. Through press releases, blog articles, and your launch day, we’ll help with resources and provide a speaker to demonstrate the impact your support will have
- Understanding your impact – this is an AED for life. You will join GWAAC Public Hearts and as a part of this community we will periodically update you on the difference your support is making
- Fundraising resources – we will support you with branded collection tins, assist in the creation of an online fundraising page, and provide posters, leaflets, volunteers, and event advice to ensure you can hit your fundraising target. When you display your AED, your community will be rightly proud of it and continue to support the £50 a year fundraising target to ensure pads/batteries are replaced when they expire
- You will also be supporting our lifesaving air ambulance charity, enabling our crew to provide the next layer of care that a person suffering a cardiac arrest needs. Together, we can do more.